About Me

My photo
Spofford, New Hampshire, United States
Jeff Newcomer had been a physician practicing in New Hampshire and Vermont for over 30 years. Over that time, as a member of the Conservation Commission in his home of Chesterfield New Hampshire, he has used his photography to promote the protection and appreciation of the town's wild lands. In recent years he has been transitioning his focus from medicine to photography, writing and teaching. Jeff enjoys photographing throughout New England, but has concentrated on the Monadnock Region and southern Vermont and has had a long term artistic relationship with Mount Monadnock. He is a featured artist in a number of local galleries and his work is often seen in regional print, web publications and in business installations throughout the country. For years Jeff has published a calendar celebrating the beauty of The New England country-side in all seasons. All of the proceeds from his New England Reflections Calendar have gone to support the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the Cheshire Medical Center. Jeff has a strong commitment to sharing his excitement about the special beauty of our region and publishes a blog about photography in New England.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Get Yourself Some Farms Album

This week it is my turn to post and article on the New England Photography Guild's Blog. Given the high quality of work which is routine from my fellow members, it is always a bit intimidating to offer something of mine for publication. I can't get away with my usual whining about the weather or about all the deadlines I am missing. I also have to deal with the strict rules of the NEPG Blog. They actually check spelling and grammar! There is also a limit on the number of images I can include, so, as has become my habit, I will use this week's personal blog as a supplemental photo album for main article.

For my NEPG article I chose to talk about "My Farms", the three local farms that I have adopted as sources of photographic and personal inspiration. The real purpose of the article is to encourage you to find your own local farms. Getting to know and be known by local farmers can open endless photographic opportunities and allow a deeper appreciation of the work these folks do to preserve a way of life that is at the base of what it means to be a New Englander.


So check out my article on the New England Photography Blog, enjoy the many moods of MY farms and go out and get your own.





Hubner Dairy Farm, Chesterfield, New Hampshire

 

 




 


For more images check out my Hubner Farm Flickr Set 

 

Roads End Farm and Riding Camp, Chesterfield, New Hampshire

 


 


 




For more images check out my Roads End Flickr Set


Stonewall Farm Educational Center, Keene, New Hampshire


 


 



 


For more images check out my Stonewall Farm Flickr Set



Back to my NEPG article

No comments:

Post a Comment