About Me

My photo
Spofford, New Hampshire, United States
Jeff Newcomer had been a physician practicing in New Hampshire and Vermont for over 30 years. Over that time, as a member of the Conservation Commission in his home of Chesterfield New Hampshire, he has used his photography to promote the protection and appreciation of the town's wild lands. In recent years he has been transitioning his focus from medicine to photography, writing and teaching. Jeff enjoys photographing throughout New England, but has concentrated on the Monadnock Region and southern Vermont and has had a long term artistic relationship with Mount Monadnock. He is a featured artist in a number of local galleries and his work is often seen in regional print, web publications and in business installations throughout the country. For years Jeff has published a calendar celebrating the beauty of The New England country-side in all seasons. All of the proceeds from his New England Reflections Calendar have gone to support the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the Cheshire Medical Center. Jeff has a strong commitment to sharing his excitement about the special beauty of our region and publishes a blog about photography in New England.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Summer Highlights, Orphan Moments




Looking back on last summer, it seems that I spent much of my time
working on the planning and finishing of my new studio, on my daughter’s wonderful wedding celebration and other projects which kept me away from photographic explorations of summer in New England. 



 It seemed that my camera seldom left its bag, but, as I reviewed my images in Lightroom for June through August I found that I had, somehow, captured 4,117 images. I must have been shooting something, and as I paged through the images that had not made it to a blog or Facebook posting, I found many that begged to be brought to life.

It appears that I have been shooting, but it is interesting to see how my number of shots tailed off as I became increasingly consumed by studio and wedding priorities.  2187 images in June and only 570 in August.  The discrepancy is at least partially explained by a couple of photographically intense trips in June, Newport Rhode Island and Lake Morey Vermont.

Deep Depth of Field
As I struggle to get though my weekly blogs, I always regret that I can’t publish all of the pictures that I have captured for each topic.  As I look back through my archives there are many images that pop out. They raise the question of why I didn’t work on them and the answer is simple, time. 

Focus Stacking
This is why I have developed the habit of periodically dedicating a blog posting to my worthy orphans.  This time, it is for summer 2018, and as I wandered through the folders I realize that I will need at least two blogs to present even a portion of my favorites.  I’ll start with the busy month of June.   Here are a few of my favorites, first from our great trips.


Newport Sunset


Newport Escape

Lighthouse Flora

We had the opportunity to visit the beautiful and opulent coast town of Newport Rhode Island.  The Guernsey Hotel and Resort off the waterfront on Goat Island licensed a couple of my images, from a previous visit, for a promotion and in return I negotiated a couple of nights at the hotel.  A lovely spot and a convenient location for explorations.


Alexandra Shackelton







Harbor Reflection














Lake Morey Retreat
The next week we continued the theme of free stays at resorts.  In a golf tournament Susan had won a couple of night at the Lake Morey Resort in Vermont.  For two days, Susan played golf while I explored the Vermont and New Hampshire countryside.  I shot a local waterfall, Sugar Hill Lupines and, of course, Lake Morey. 






Lake Morey Fog



Everything Else 


Of course I live in a beautiful corner of New England and I don't need to travel to capture great images, including my summer infrared pictures.




Politics: Stoddard Dems, NH

Catsbane Brook Bend



Otter Brook Mill, Nelson NH


































Jeff Newcomer, NEPG
www.partridgebrookreflections.com

No comments:

Post a Comment