About Me

My photo
Spofford, New Hampshire, United States
Jeff Newcomer had been a physician practicing in New Hampshire and Vermont for over 30 years. Over that time, as a member of the Conservation Commission in his home of Chesterfield New Hampshire, he has used his photography to promote the protection and appreciation of the town's wild lands. In recent years he has been transitioning his focus from medicine to photography, writing and teaching. Jeff enjoys photographing throughout New England, but has concentrated on the Monadnock Region and southern Vermont and has had a long term artistic relationship with Mount Monadnock. He is a featured artist in a number of local galleries and his work is often seen in regional print, web publications and in business installations throughout the country. For years Jeff has published a calendar celebrating the beauty of The New England country-side in all seasons. All of the proceeds from his New England Reflections Calendar have gone to support the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the Cheshire Medical Center. Jeff has a strong commitment to sharing his excitement about the special beauty of our region and publishes a blog about photography in New England.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Big Studio Move








I know that it is Tuesday and I am WAY late for my usual Sunday Blog posting, but you are lucky, or maybe not, to get anything at all!
I am in the middle of cleaning out my upstairs matting and framing studio and lugging it all to a disorganized pile in my barn.  I’m waiting for the floor to dry in my beautiful new studio before I can start moving things in and organizing my new space. 


Tight Foam Insulation

Meanwhile, we are cleaning and setting up two guest rooms in anticipations of Abigail’s big wedding celebration.  One-hundred and twenty people will coming this Saturday night for a big party at the beautiful Mayfair Farm in Harrisville and we will be welcoming many of them to our house Sunday morning for an informal brunch.  Needless to say, both my wife and daughter are freaking out over all the complex logistics.   I’m trying to help where I can, but mostly I am struggling to stay out of the way.


Pano from my back side Screened porch
Next years project, but the door is in!



My Studio in a Pile

Finally, and almost incidentally, I still have a photography business to run.  The Annual Art in the park is coming up in a couple of weeks, the proof for my 2019 New England Reflections Calendar needs to be reviewed, I have to prepare for my next Introduction to Digital Photography Class, I have a number of orders to fill for clients and I would LOVE to be able to get out and shoot a few pictures as summer begins to fade.




First Coat of Poly

With all that whining out of the way, this week I offer a collection of images demonstrating the progress on my future studio.  I am very excited about the results and anxious to start moving in.  If Jason was a little less of a perfectionist I would already be there.

 

Jeffrey Newcomer
www.partridgebrookreflections.com

2 comments:

  1. So happy for your family and your new studio. All exciting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eumaxindia Pvt Ltd - Offering Dinamalar News Paper Advertisement Services in Chennai, Tamil Nadu Know the benefits of booking ads with affordable rates.

    Book Ads in Dinamalar

    ReplyDelete