About Me

My photo
Spofford, New Hampshire, United States
Jeff Newcomer had been a physician practicing in New Hampshire and Vermont for over 30 years. Over that time, as a member of the Conservation Commission in his home of Chesterfield New Hampshire, he has used his photography to promote the protection and appreciation of the town's wild lands. In recent years he has been transitioning his focus from medicine to photography, writing and teaching. Jeff enjoys photographing throughout New England, but has concentrated on the Monadnock Region and southern Vermont and has had a long term artistic relationship with Mount Monadnock. He is a featured artist in a number of local galleries and his work is often seen in regional print, web publications and in business installations throughout the country. For years Jeff has published a calendar celebrating the beauty of The New England country-side in all seasons. All of the proceeds from his New England Reflections Calendar have gone to support the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at the Cheshire Medical Center. Jeff has a strong commitment to sharing his excitement about the special beauty of our region and publishes a blog about photography in New England.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

More Catching Up / Autumn 2019




Dummerston Vermont


Newfane Vermont
It is amazing how quickly time and the seasons progress in New England.  When I last posted I covered our eventful September trip to Ireland. I returned with a mass of beautiful images requiring careful attention and an injured heart that demanded my dedication to an intense program of cardiac rehabilitation.  With help, I have been easing into more regular activity and, of course, that means photography.






Reading Vermont

  This year, our fall colors were full and seemed to extend longer than usual. Without asking permission of my rehab team, I decided that at least a few brief explorations of the autumn foliage would be therapeutic. I felt guilty about canceling my annual fall foliage weekend workshop and decided that, as an apology, I would get together with those who had already signed up for a friendly morning shoot to some of my favorite local foliage locations. My weekend workshops can be exhausting, but I had a great time with friends exploring one of our perfect autumn days.  We covered a surprisingly wide range of sites and, despite the fact that we didn’t get back until about 3PM, I required only a short nap to recover.     


Farm Pond, Reading Vermont
                       

Chesterfield NH
I have been doing better and was able to teach my Introduction to Digital Photography course in November, and I’m excited about a very full set of classes this spring. More about the schedule in my next blog.



The fall colors were great, and despite a general paucity of snow, the winter has provided the usual photographic opportunities, but my daughter has provided a miraculous distract of an entirely different kind.




Dublin NH


The "Bear Cub" 

Our first grandchild, Owen Emerson Bryant was born on October 6th.  Despite his impressive name, the little “bear cub” came crashing into the world at only 5Lbs 13 Oz, but he has filled out nicely.  Obviously, he has filled us with an abundance of excitement and pride – especially Susan, who has for years been desperate for a grandchild.  It has been wonderful to follow Owen’s early development and watch our daughter transform into an amazing mother.  Of course, I must mention that our son-in-law Grayson has been an equally loving and dotting father.




It should be obvious what will be consuming my time, and my pixels, over the next few years, to perhaps several decades.  Abby and Grayson live a little less than 2 hours away and we will continue to search for any excuse visit our grandson.  You must agree that the harried parents deserve a night off, or perhaps a day or two.



I am sure I will continue to commune with the unique beauty of New England and, since Abby and Grayson don’t want their child to become fodder for Facebook’s media mill, I will be restricting my postings to mountains, trees and such. 



Mandatory Jenne Farm View, Reading Vermont

It will drive me crazy, but I promised to be good - at least until Owen graduates from Dartmouth!      


Jeff Newcomer
www.partridgebrookreflections.com      
 

8 comments:

  1. You should see how my colleague Wesley Virgin's biography begins in this SHOCKING and controversial video.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "MIND CONTROL" secrets that the government and others used to get anything they want.

    THESE are the exact same SECRETS many celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become wealthy and successful.

    You've heard that you only use 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because most of your BRAINPOWER is UNTAPPED.

    Perhaps this conversation has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain about seven years back, while riding an unlicensed, trash bucket of a car with a suspended driver's license and with $3 on his banking card.

    "I'm so frustrated with living payroll to payroll! Why can't I become successful?"

    You've taken part in those types of thoughts, isn't it so?

    Your very own success story is going to be written. You just have to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S METHOD

    ReplyDelete

  2. If you are going for most excellent contents like me, simply go to see
    this site every day for the reason that it presents quality contents, thanks

    Please Visit My homepage ➤ 안마

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great content on our skull rings web site. Keep up the good writing. 일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is certainly a lot to learn about this topic. I really like all the points you made. 한국야동닷컴

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good way of explaining, and pleasant post to obtain information about my presentation focus, which i am going to present in college 국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are burdened with the assignments then hire the experts from BookMyEssay. they have the experts who are highly qualified in Essay Structure Writing Help .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to see this post. This is amazing about the season. They tell us how to catch up in autumn. Thanks for sharing your content with us. Now it's time to get Vfix services https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for shearing this informational content. I get inspire the writing skills. Amazing and good pictures your baby. I like your all pictures more catching up autumn share with us. Now it's time to get interior demolition for more information.

    ReplyDelete